Forms and Publications
Testing Guidelines (pdf)
Firefighter Registration: Online SLED Criminal Background Check Request
- Click on Access SLED Background Check Request.
- Insert the proper fire department FDID# and assigned password.
NOTE: If you participate in the One Percent program, please use the same password. If you do not participate in the One Percent program, please contact Ronnie Yonce at 803-896-9802. She will assign a password for future use.
- Once signed in, scroll to the bottom of the page. Click on “SLED Background Check Request.”
- Complete the form as instructed. Click on “submit.”
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: May I submit a request by fax, U.S. mail, or email?
A: If you wish to not submit online, please complete this form and mail it to the address indicated on the form. You may also fax the request to (803) 896-9806. You may also e-mail the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: Who pays for the background check?
A: Office of the State Fire Marshal
Q: Is this a national database check or SLED only?
A: SLED provides only a statewide check.
Q: How can I get a nationwide check?
A: You may request a nationwide check, at your own expense, from the appropriate authority. For example, the FBI offers a criminal background check.
Q: Where can I find the law regarding the required state criminal background check (40-80-20)?
A: Click on the link to read the S.C. Code of Laws Section 40-80-20.
Fire Equipment Dealers
Fire Standards Compliant Cigarettes
- Directory of Fire Standards Compliant Cigarettes (updated monthly)
Please be advised that this list represents Manufacturer’s cigarettes that have been certified as Fire Standards Compliant and should not be confused with the Attorney General’s Tobacco Directory. The Attorney General’s Tobacco Directory should be utilized to identify legal cigarette products for sale in South Carolina. It is unlawful to sell, offer, acquire, hold, own, possess, transport, import or cause to be imported, for sale in this State, or to import for personal consumption ANY brand or cigarette product not listed on the AttorneyGeneral’s Tobacco Directory pursuant to S.C. Code Ann. § 11-48-10, et seq.
Fire Standards Compliant Cigarettes Forms
- Fire Standards Compliant Cigarette Certification Form Instructions (pdf)
- Fire Standards Compliant Cigarette Certification Form (pdf)
- South Carolina Fire Standards Compliant Cigarette Brand Style Certification List (Excel format)
Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, Public Law 111-31
Engineering Services Forms
Fire Sprinkler System Forms
Please begin using the following new Fire Sprinkler System Specification Sheets and the Certificate of Compliance form. Beginning July 1, 2008, the Office of State Fire Marshal (OSFM) will require the use of the new forms. Forms which were signed and dated by an engineer prior to that date will not be subject to this requirement.
Inspection Services Forms
The S.C. Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is pleased to provide various publications in portable document format (PDF). You will need Adobe Reader to view and print these publications.
L.P. Gas Forms
- Operations & Maintenance Handbook for LP-Gas Bulk Storage Facilities (pdf)
- Fire Safety Analysis Appendix A (MS Word Form)
- Fire Safety Analysis Manual for LP-Gas Storage Facilities (pdf)
- Propane Bulk Plants and Air Mixing Systems (pdf)
- LPG CylinderExchange Facility Application 2010-2012 (pdf)
- LPG Dealer Application 2010-2012 (pdf)
- LPG Installer Application 2010-2012 (pdf)
- LPG Reseller Application 2010-2012 (pdf)
- LPG Transporter Application 2010-2012 (pdf)
- LPG Utility Gas Plant Application 2010-2012 (pdf)
Affidavit Of Eligibility (pdf)
Community Risk Reduction